Inter-NORC SPeakIng ScholaR InitiativE (INSPIRE) Program
The INSPIRE Program is an inter-NORC initiative whose overarching goal is to promote the careers of early career scientists (i.e. INSPIRE Scholars) by facilitating speaking opportunities and career development mentorship at NORCs outside of the Scholar’s institution. INSPIRE Scholars will be paired one to one with mentors (i.e. INSPIRE Champions) who will provide guidance and support for research presentations, facilitate national speaking opportunities, and provide career development mentorship. INSPIRE Scholars will also be provided opportunities to receive peer to peer mentorship with other INSPIRE Scholars with events/ meetings hosted by the INSPIRE Program. Further, the program will also provide funding to Scholars to cover costs associated with in-person national presentations facilitated by the INSPIRE Champions.
Applying to the INSPIRE Program:
Application window for INSPIRE Program: November 6, 2023 – December 18, 2023
The INSPIRE Program Application can be accessed at this LINK.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2023 at 5pm EST
Please note that the application form does not automatically save or allow responses to be edited after submission so please be prepared to complete the application in one sitting.
- Early Career Faculty within 5 years of initial faculty appointment or Post-doctoral Fellow from a participating NORC institution (required)
- NORC Pilot and Feasibility grant recipients (encouraged to apply)
- NORC Diversity Scholars (encouraged to apply)
- Topic of proposed presentations
- Overview of proposed presentations (NTE 1 page double-spaced for each presentation, for 2 presentations).
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (1-page maximum): Describe how this award will further career development and academic advancement as a nutrition obesity researcher. Please include both short and long-term goals, and current challenges.
- One Letter of Support/ Recommendation:
- From Department Chair, Division, Unit Chief, or Mentor. The letter should include:
- Potential for applicant to utilize INSPIRE to enhance their career and program of research.
- Commitment to continue to support the faculty member or postdoc in their career development over time.
- Mentor/ Champion suggestions within your NORC (list up to two names and email addresses)
- Short demographic survey
- Current and prior grant funding
- NORC Institution
For any questions regarding the application and the program in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.