Chris Duggan, MD, MPH
Christopher Duggan, MD, MPH, is a graduate of Dartmouth College and the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He trained in Pediatrics at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Nutrition and Gastroenterology at Boston Children’s Hospital, and Clinical Epidemiology at Harvard School of Public Health. He is Professor of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School and a Professor in the Departments of Nutrition and Global Health/Population at Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health. He is a pediatric gastroenterologist and nutrition physician at Boston Children’s Hospital where he directs the Center for Nutrition. He is Medical Director of the Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation, one of the largest centers for the care of children with intestinal failure/chronic diarrhea in the US. His research interests include the nutritional management of acute and persistent diarrhea, clinical trials of micronutrient supplementation, and general aspects of nutritional support in catabolism. He leads NIH-funded trials of micronutrient supplementation in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Bangalore, India.
- Longitudinal associations of nutritional factors with glycated hemoglobin in youth with type 1 diabetes: the SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary Study. Lamichhane AP, Crandell JL, Jaacks LM, Couch SC, Lawrence JM, Mayer-Davis EJ. Am J Clin Nutr. 2015 Jun;101(6):1278-85. PMCID: PMC4441810.
- Nutritional factors and preservation of C-peptide in youth with recently diagnosed type 1 diabetes: SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary Study. Diabetes Care. Mayer-Davis EJ, Dabelea D, Crandell JL, Crume T, D’Agostino RB Jr, Dolan L, King IB, Lawrence JM, Norris JM, Pihoker C, The N. 2013 Jul;36(7):1842-50. PMCID: PMC3687285.
- Evidence-based nutrition principles and recommendations for the treatment and prevention of diabetes and related complications. Franz MJ, Bantle JP, Beebe CA, Brunzell JD, Chiasson JL, Garg A, Holzmeister LA, Hoogwerf B, Mayer-Davis E, Mooradian AD, Purnell JQ, Wheeler M; American Diabetes Association.Diabetes Care. 2003 Jan;26 Suppl 1:S51-61. PubMed PMID: 12502619.
- Evaluating the indirect effect of infant weight velocity on insulin resistance in young adulthood: a birth cohort study from the Philippines. Slining MM, Kuzawa CW, Mayer-Davis EJ, Adair LS. Am J Epidemiol. 2011 Mar 15;173(6):640-8. PMCID: PMC3105264.
- PhD, Epidemiology, University of California, Berkeley, 1992
- MSPH, Public Health (with honors), University of Colorado School of Medicine, 1986
- BS, Dietetics, University of Tennessee, 1980
Chris Duggan, MD, MPH
Professor of Pediatrics
firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: (617) 355-7612